Monday, July 30, 2007

NFJS - No Fluff Just Stuff (Raleigh Marriott, July 2007)

All I can say is that if you feel like you've been out of the Java development mainstream too long doing tasks for the Man, then this is the event for you.

No Fluff, Just Stuff

I really can't express how much I appreciate the lectures from those involved. I especially appreciated Dave Hussman's lectures on Agile, and David Gearys lectures on JSF/Spring/Ajax, and GWT introduction. There were typically 5-6 lectures going on concurrently, so you couldn't see everything. You could get the slides and source code though.

This is exactly what I needed to jumpstart me again after a busy Summer where I had been head's down coding. I'll definately be there next year. See you there.

If you can't be there, I STRONGLY recommend buying the NFJS Anthology Volume II which is a compilation of several of the lectures. It is very broad, covering:
  • New Stuff (GWT, Groovy, AJax techniques, REST)
  • Testing (Unit tests, Capistrano, FIT/FITness, continuous integration)
  • Agility

Great stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home