Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Some things are worth repeating.

I just got pn3d. Recall back on May 10th when I said "know your specs"? I just got caught out because I didn't know them. In this case it was the HTML 4.01 spec.

I've been implementing an interface where the client has refused to make any accomidating code changes. Therefore, I'm left to use jakarta's HttpClient class to navigate their site and perform a multipart post to submit a file. I had been screwing around with HttpClient, and had convinced myself I just wasn't using it correctly (though my code matched their example almost verbatim).

My issue? I was posting the login/password params sure enough, but you must also post the submit input name and value. Really? I wouldn't have expected that, but it's in the spec (See: Successful Controls).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home